Sunday, July 31, 2011

Movie Review- Cowboys and Aliens

Movie:  Cowboys and Aliens
Overall score 1-10:  6 (only because of the actors...the story line is just a mess)
Was the movie long?: about a 1/2 hour too long
Was the theatre packed?: moderate, not even 1/2 full on a Saturday night
Can a woman sit through it?: I found I got bored at times, but as soon as I'd feel myself getting restless, something good would happen...but it wouldn't be as good as I expected....it's like when you hear something loud startle you awake from your sleep...then you realize it was just the neighbors putting out their trash bins...you go right back to sleep. You'll find yourself drinking lots of water just so you'll have to go to the bathroom to get out of the movie for a couple of minutes.
Can a man sit through it?: Yes, and he will FORCE you to sit through it too...then when it's over, he'll spend an hour apologizing for dragging you to see it.
Can my kids sit through it?: No...
Good for a Date night?: YES, if you have a REALLY mushy girlie movie you want to go see, because after it's done He will totally owe you one.
Good for a Girl's night?: NO, go see Crazy, Stupid Love instead
Good for a family night?: Not
romance 1-10: 2...you'll be as confused by the love story as most women are confused by their own...and it doesn't feel "heart felt" at all...
action 1-10: 6, Some good explosions, but it's hard to believe humans can have ANY chance against an advanced alien race with a Winchester rifle and a stick of dynamite.
funny 1-10: 1 bleh ...The Titanic had more laughs
scary1-10: 4 The Aliens were pretty Yuk
suspense 1-10: 4, you kind of know what's going to happen THE WHOLE MOVIE, but there are moments of surprise.
appropriate ?: 7 a few GD's, but no nudity, no real cussing, no sex
Best Part of the Movie: Harrison Ford...you get a little bit of Old Indiana Jones out of him ...wish we got that with the last Indiana Jones movie.
Worst Part of the Movie: You can't really follow the plot too well. It's all over the place. It's also just really out of place to have aliens in a Western flick.
Notable Quote: Ella: "I need to know where you came from."
Jake Lonergan: "So do I." > I know, riveting script writing, right?

Should I wait to rent?: Yes
Overall: Good Grief this movie was weird...and boring. Should have gone to see Smurfs.

No comments:

Post a Comment