Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Mc Broccoli?

                                                                     photo source
 So McDonalds announced that they are changing their Kids meals to be healthier by adding a veggie/fruit "treat" to happy meals (included, not optional as before) and are cutting the happy meal fry size from 2.4 ounces to 1.1 ounces. While I gotta give Mcdonalds props for trying to be "healthier"..because "healthier" is always good, I gotta say....pretty soon the "Happy Meals" wont be as "Happy"...To me, growing up "Happy Meals" were a "treat"...like an ice cream cone after a baseball game...While I agree it's wrong for kids to eat CRAP all day...it's the PARENTS JOB to take care of kids their kid's nutrition....not Mcdonalds. McDonalds Is what it IS, a fast food place...where you can get really tasty food...that's bad for you, fast and cheap. If it weren't that, it would be Subway....and reducing fries to 1.1 ounces???...what is that, like 5 fries instead of the 12 in a small fry now???  I think everyone needs to get off McDonald's back! It's not McDonalds that's making kids fat...it's the parents who refuse to cook...take their kids to McDonalds EVERY DAY and then let their kids go home and play Xbox for 6 hours. I ate Mcdonalds as a kid  (a normal Happy Meal AND an apple pie EVEY TIME) about once every couple of weeks (still do)...and I by no means have the metabolism of Paris Hilton...but still remained/ remain to stay around about the same size. hmmmmm???? interesting???? I think it's funny how America wants to discourage poor eating habits, yet America is motioning to allow the purchase of fast food with food stamps! You can eat ANYTHING...as long as it's in moderation. If someone eats 4 whole wheat bagels and 10 apples in one sitting....they're still going to GAIN weight. So give the kids their cheap "made in Taiwan" toys ,5 chicken nuggets and french fries...because we ALL know whats going to happen. Kids are going to look at their tofu burgers and apple wedges, realize their toy will break in an hour and beg Mommy for a #1 super sized instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment