Monday, January 6, 2014

10 Things I HATE Right Now...

10. Cell Phone Wars, The war between Android and Apple has gone too far. Big phone, little phone...little screen, better camera, faster internet, slower...I can't keep up. Having bounced back and forth between the two, I have decided I want a cell phone that makes calls. We have grown obsessed with having the latest greatest thing. There is always something better out there. I'm starting to become confused as a consumer. I don't even know what half of the features on my phone do, and I find myself forcing myself to use features I don't really need for the first two weeks after I buy it. When all is said and done...I call people, text people, use the same 4 apps, and occasionally show people all the really neat stuff I DON'T use at dinner parties! My father still has "The Razor"...brilliant man he is...

9. The Wedge Sneaker...(Especially the ones with Velcro) Mark my words women...this trend is rapidly approaching a fashion EXIT. We will curse the day it ever came into style. This may be the of the top 10 most unattractive fads of all time. Yes, Fashion can meet function, but this is one case where we will all look back regrettably and shake our heads wondering why so many of us bought into the idea that these fugly shoes ever saw the light of day. Very much like "Juicy Velour Sweat Suits", "Mom Jeans" and "Ed Hardy bedazzled shirts" we will wish them an awful death. Invest in some cute Nikes...be proud of your height...you're working out...you can't be short in your yoga pants for 2 hours??? Gotta' wear Sneakerpumps to go get groceries? Lord knows you're not wearing these hideous things to spin class so where the hell does one look "put together" in a half tennis shoe, half wedge"...GET YER Real shoes ON GIRL.
Photo: Zappos.com
Coach


8. Valet Parking taking 50% off the parking spaces everywhere! I love Valet. Use it here and there when dining out, however, for the 80% of the time I don't use it. Would like to know that they leave SOME parking spaces for us regular people just trying to make our quick stops. LOVE going somewhere to find that unless I want to pay $6-$20, plus tip...there are NO parking spots available. THERE ARE plenty of EMPTY BLOCKED OFF valet parking spots though...IN THE MIDDLE OF THE AFTERNOON!!! I get that they're trying to get people to cough up dough to get a prime spot for lunch, but if I want to make a quick run into to Sur La Table, I can't afford to spend another $22.00+ the  $100.00 I'm already contributing to the economy for a 20 minute stop. I'll rally around the parking lot and waste $10.00 worth of gas instead until a parking spot becomes available ;) (I WILL NOT GIVE IN)

7. STOP the MID DRIFT! (exception: you're on a beach ) EVERYONE WEARING THIS look,  LOOKS LIKE THEY ARE TRYING WAY TOO HARD> unless you are Kate Moss...or Miranda Kerr (by all means, you two may carry on wearing whatever you want-You two are Superhuman)

6. Hearing about the Target Scandal... Target had a BAD DECEMBER...BUT....Target can do no wrong in my eyes. I don't care if they had a security breach...don't care if they had some gift card mess up. Target STILL is AND will ALWAYS be THE MOTHERSHIP. You go back to shopping at Walmart for a month and see if you don't come crying back. Target is clean, organized, well stocked and I have never been to a target and walked out without being happy with my overall customer experience. We live in a world where YES, even the biggest and best of store chains are vulnerable and  susceptible to being compromised, therefore compromising us as consumers. Could they have handled their PR a "Little" better??? Well, You try being the most popular kid in school, being responsible for a school break in of which you had little knowledge of, then wanting everyone to give you a detailed account of what happened the next day. You do your best to calm the masses with what you know, but lets face it...no matter what anyone was told it would never be good enough. All anyone listed to was "Our beloved Target was hacked, and our credit card info is stolen, were all screwed...blah blah blah"
When it comes to stuff like this, as a consumer, it's always best to take a deep breath, check your cards, your credit, and then call the store, or visit the customer service counter personally. It was hilarious how outraged people got. It was like they were cheated on by a boyfriend or something. The important thing to remember is Target didn't rip you off...thieves did. Give blame where blame is due. Target, I STILL LOVE you....especially your Threshold Home collection.
photo:target.com
madhut comforter


5. Miley Mania...Why is this woman famous? for licking things? being naked? I guess she can sing...is it the music? I can't hear the music, because of her loud behavior.

4. Hashtag EVERYTHING.. A Few Hashtags are perfectly reasonable, but hashtag overload is ridiculous. When someone has a photo and under that photo is #beautiful #lovinglife #dontcare #lifeiswonderful #luvinit #bestdayever #mountains #topoftheworld #bestfriendsforver .... I just don't understand, nor see the purpose of all the hashtags. I got the picture #GAG

3. Redneck Reality shows. Maybe it was HoneyBooBoo or it Was Duck Dynasty that started the hype, but now there are tons of shows that are trying to cash in on the "Redneck" lifestyle. It always happens, there's one successful show and then follows multiple copy cats. When will producers learn, 2 seasons max and they will be canceled, because  they will never be as good as the original. Shows have been trying to imitate "The Housewives franchise" for Years....UNSUCCESSFULLY...in fact many might argue that the Housewives have moved away from their formerly successful recipe and are declining in popularity. Here we have The Redneck Recipe...How long before everyone just gets too much of all the fixins'...I'm already over it, and I've just had a taste.

2. Trying to make orange lipstick in. Remember when Regina George told Gretchen Wieners to STOP trying to make "Fetch" happen?...."Gretchen...Stop trying to make Fetch Happen, it's not going to happen" EVERY spring...the fashion mags try to make orange lipstick happen..."It's not going to happen." ...Orange Lipstick doesn't look good on anyone normal. Looks great on select celebrities, and even on celebs it's a very select few.

1. Holliday Hangover. Hating that It's January and immediately we are bombarded with the usual "Get ready for Spring!" antics while our head is STILL spinning from the whirl wind that was Oct-Dec. Give us 30 Days people!!!! Let my Credit card breathe. I just got all these cute boots and sweaters for Christmas that I still want to enjoy, don't even taunt me about putting them away yet. Good grief, my Christmas tree just met the curb last week. I need a hot minute, before the tax prep commercials, the valentines reservations and St. Patty's Day Party plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment