When I first started shopping at Ulta I was excited! They had EVERYTHING! ...From the really good expensive stuff to the really good cheap stuff...they were THE BEST...and when I got my Ulta card I was supper excited! I was getting bejillions of points on top of points! Couldn't wait to put them towards...wait...WHAT do I use these points towards???..Come to find out salon services....hmmmmm, okay, but when it comes to salon services...Im a little apprehensive about going to a store...that's why I go to a Salon, where I have people I have come to trust provide mebeauty services....BUT...I'll give it a try...how bad can they botch a blow out...then I get there and sure enough my points have expired!...they expire EVERY June....So I get that...my points have expired...but then I ask a few questions about earning points, redeeming points, tracking points and the clerk had no clue!!!??? Our conversation went like this:
I asked: " Excuse me mam, how can I check my point balance at home?"
Clerk replied:..."you can't"....
then I asked: "how do I know how many points I have?"
she answered "at the bottom of the receipt"..(then rolled her eyes as if I was bothering her)
I said "well what if I don't buy something and I want to check my points"...
She says "You don't get points if you don't buy anything".
(..No Crud Lady! ...I'm asking how I can find out my points balance with previous purchases.)
Me: "I'm sorry I mean...is there a web site, a phone number where I can find out my point balance?"
Clerk: "I don't know...do you have a purchase?"
(Aye!, okay, I'm getting irritated...the store wasn't busy, nobody was waiting in a line behind me...she was just rude and annoyed that someone had a question about stupid Ulta rewards points...never mind I spend a poop load of money in that store every time I need make up)
Me: "Okay, can you just tell me how I go about redeeming my points"
Clerk: "You can redeem them for Salon services"
Me: "okay, but how do I do that"
Clerk: "you look on the bottom of the receipt"
(i end up purchasing some make up brushes JUST to get my point balance...however I was thinking she could just run my points card and find out, but she said "I can't just do that"...not sure if she fully understood what I was asking her to do, but anyway...)
Clerk: "Your points expired, you can't get a salon service."
Me: "I know, but how many do I have right now and how do i redeem them... for future reference"
Clerk: "Go to Ulta.com, and it will answer all your questions...she said rudely"
(why, when I can ask an employee of Ulta???)
I HAD IT...I politely smiled, said "thanks"...and walked out...Ulta and their bogus rewards program (that ISN'T explained in ANY depth on their web site) will NEVER see me again....the points are kind of a lame deal, but I liked the selection make up...so I could totally "whatever" the point system, but BAD customer service...there's just no excuse!
No comments:
Post a Comment