Sunday, October 13, 2013

We Explore THE Walking DEAD Season 4 ... WHY I'm already HOOKED

     My Husband and I had HAD it last season...enough with this Governor biz...sick of his Creepster control freak Woodberry Bananas and had we ALL not wished the most horrible of deaths for Andrea when she FINALLY died when she did in that chamber with  the Gov's Assistant turned Zombie? A shot to the head...wasn't enough in my book after the royal pain the in "A" she's been for the past 3 seasons. (I'll never forgive you for Dale's death girl...never) So here we are and it's a fresh start, with fresh meat (pardon the pun) and high  hopes as we see in the previews that there's potential for leaving that dreaded prison.
     So in the spirit of hoping and knowing this season will truly pick up and not disappoint. I've compiled, quite simply a list of things I am hoping and wishing and predicting will happen this next season, and if at least one of these DO in fact come true. I will be a happy camper and fully pumped about this new season. I'm almost positive (If these writers want to do this series justice) one if not more of these will happen. therefore, I'm already hooked. So here is to tonight's premiere and all of you fellow Zombie lovers out there!!!!

1. No more GHOST Laurie...EVER. Just stop it. This aint The Haunted Mansion. Lets face it, in a twisted way, we all kinda resented her after romping around with her husband's best friend. I secretly hated her. Mid way into season 2 she was kind of on Andrea's level of annoying. In fact if Andrea was at a 10 Laurie was at a close 8. Had she not been with child, my sympathy level for this woman wasn't very far from that of the Walkers.

2. Rick and his Camp stop playing Defense and start playing Offense. Figure out that the World's resource's are getting LOW...start growing your own food, start thriving rather than surviving. Learn new ways to fight, new ways to kill off Walkers, make yourself stronger, acquire more weapons, make your surroundings more...um hospitable:get a potted plant, light a dang Yankee candle or something,  or I don't know... leave the prison..perhaps start to travel to a remote island where you can eliminate walkers???

3. CARL, CARL, CARL....Stop doing dumb things. Someone PLEASE tell this kid to stop doing dumb things. DAD???? You are still his DAD right...Ground your kid. Take away his gun. Send him to bed without supper.

4. Time for the little blonde Tween girl (Beth) who sings all the time to go...This isn't "Le Mes". I understand you need a thirty second "filler" before the next commercial break, and another "body" to carry around and occasionally feed "Judith", but other than that her character is such a NON. Unless she "steps up" this season and becomes a bad beezy like Michonne we don't need a resident babysitter. We already have Carol. And Carol does NOT SING.

5. I want to see Rick and Tyreese become Captain and Co captains of the squad! Lets stay true to the comic and be BFFS FOREVS! These two could do some serious damage together  and I want to see it this season!

6. YOU WILL ALL HATE ME FOR THIS but...it's gotta happen: Maggie HAS TO DIE. I'm sorry. I said it out loud. I love her character too, but Maggie and Glen getting married??? Are they going to have a nice little cozy romantic post apocalyptic beach side wedding? Start a family???...grow old together? Doesn't fit the formula of this show. Why do you think they are making us LOVE them so much???? huh??? So they can get us invested in them as a couple. So they can rip them apart just as we commit. She's going down. Why her and not Glen? Because she's the GIRL...we feel more empathy for females....although we have known Glen longer, so they may feel we are more attached to him and they may off him instead. Either way, I say one of them dies....maybe BOTH...(Notebook style) huddled in a corner  being ravaged by thousands of walkers.
Bye Bye MaGlen!

7. If anyone has been in need for a little romance it's my favorite and yours Daryl. Someone pick this guy up a nice little lady (preferable a live one) and give this hunk of a man a love interest of his very own. Now I know there was some chatter of Carol being a potential candidate, but I just don't see it. Zero character chemistry in romance there. I see a sincere friendship, but just no mojo. Daryl is just way too wildcat and she's such a ...hamster. okay....maybe a feisty hamster? Anyway give this guy somebody to love. Everyone else has had somebody? Plus...some shirtless scenes  of Norman Reedus would not be protested by ANYONE...I can promise you.

8. We find out more about THE disease and how everything came to be. We have been in the dark for too long. GIVE us some bread crumbs to the bigger picture. One thing that can make an audience really loose interest in a show quickly is getting little to no info abut what is REALLY going on in the story. At the end of the day, if we get nothing about the DISEASE and HOPE for ULTIMATE survival is there any real point to ANY story line??? WHY fight walkers then? Why fight the Governor? Why try to live? Well, I suspect this is coming and in previews seen recently we get a radio signal with people talking?!? AND we know it isn't Rick going CooCoo for CoCo puffs this time. ANSWERS!!! Do we get some Answers?!? It's about time!

9. DEFEAT THE GOVERNOR. David Morrissey...you play your part so well, that we all want you gone. So, POOF! gone with you! I predict writers wont let him live into season 5, out of the simple fact that: would you watch a movie with the same villain in it never getting defeated more than once? Consider this season the second half after the intermission! (hope ya' peed) We are picking up where we left off: STILL in the prison (which nobody has thought to invest in decorating, booby traping, make slightly more comfortable or reinforce), the Governor is on the loose (probably masterfully planning his revenge on the unprepared and probably unassuming prison folk), people finally realize what side they should be on (after being lead by a control freak narcissist who practically hailed RED flag when he had "walker fights" as weekend entertainment  ...and the movie is finally about to pick up a very much anticipated racing pace!

So get ready for tonight...I'm so excited. My Husband and I will be glued for 2 hours, Walking Dead then Talking Dead we detach from the world! Love you AMC for creating this show!!!!!

www.walkingdead.com
www.talkingdead.com


No comments:

Post a Comment