Sunday, October 13, 2013

30 Year OLD LiarFACE... My Nighttime Skincare

      Skin Care is very important to anyone who is (Thank you Jenna Rink for your inspiring) "Thirty Flirty and Thriving". Lets face it, maturity is becoming all the range. The older we get, the wiser we are becoming about ways to preserve  what God gave us. Nobody these days looks the age they really are, and it's all thanks to the wonders of skin care products. I too swear by my evening ritual and have to tell you I've had my trials and errors before finding the right combination. I've decided to pass on my secrets, after going through 4 years of adult acne and some major skin allergies. I found that with some products...the most expensive isn't always the BEST and what you THINK might be helping is actually HURTING. Keep in mind, I am not an esthetician however I can tell you what had been proven to work for me and I consider  myself very much an EVERYWOMAN. Here it goes:

1. Too many products confuses the skin: At one point I was using 5-7 different products morning and evening. Then one day it clicked...how the heck is my skin breathing??? How can it be "Clean" if I have  "crap" on it, even if it's supposed to be "healthy" crap on it  24/7??? so I just stopped...I limited putting product (besides make-up) on my face to just the evening. Made a HUGE difference.

2. Let your skin go make-up/ product-less at least 1 day a week. That means NOTHING...not even moisturizer. Let it be natural. Let your natural oils do the work, and your skin will thank you for it, with a natural goal.

3. Don't touch your face when you DO have an issue. Sometimes you WILL breakout. Stress is inevitable in life, or sometimes bacteria can form on the face from an unknown allergy, maybe it's a sudden climate change or a trip....don't irritate your skin by picking at it. Continue with your routine, maybe use a spot treatment...and wait patiently for the problem to go away. Acne is like a vengeful ex...just try poking the nest  and see how many bee's appear in response.

4. If your mother had a beauty regimen  that worked for her...it will probably work for you. My mother swore by a hot wash cloth soak in the evening instead of getting facials or getting masks. I always shrugged it off, despite her glowing, non-problematic skin. NOW...I haven't had a facial or a mask in 2 years.

5. Just because you "Wash your face" doesn't mean it's "clean"...I am a HUGE supporter of a facial brush if used properly. Don't think a good make-up wipe alone will totally clean your skin. Put it this way, would you clean your entire kitchen counter with a "wet one" after a dinner party and expect it to be "germ free" and ready to eat off the next day???


This post would not be complete without giving you my regimen  and my product recommendations. (all photos sources:  Sephora.com , and products can be purchased at www.sephora.com or www.target.com)


AM: splash of cold water to wash evening sweat off (no product applied) SPF and Moisturizer applied through CC cream mixed with foundation.


PM:
1. remove make-up, Sephora Collection Express Cleansing Wipes $9.00 www.sephora.com
2  remove eye make up with Vaseline, www.target.com
3. Use Clarisonic brush with Boscia Clear Complexion Cleanser $26.00 www.sephora.com
4. Hot wash cloth over cleansed face 2-3 times a week
5. rim both eyes with Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle Correcting Eye Cream $43.50  www.sephora.com
6. dime size of Shieido Bio-Performance Advanced Super Revitalizing Cream all over Face, Neck and hands. $75.00 www.sephora.com
7. Softlips applied to lips , www.target.com


 
Boscia Clear Complexion Cleanser $26.00 www.sephora.com
 

Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus Wrikle Correcting Eye Cream $43.50  www.sephora.com

Shieido Bio-Performance Advanced Super Revitalizing Cream all over Face, Neck and hands. $75.00 www.sephora.com

Sephora Collection Express Cleansing Wipes $9.00 www.sephora.com




No comments:

Post a Comment