So, to some...vintage shopping is just not the ish....BUT I gotta tell you, I get more compliments wearing my unique vintage finds out that I do on some of my high end and much more $$$ pieces. If you can get over the "I'm wearing someone Else's clothes" mind set...you can really introduce yourself to a whole other world of historic glamor. The cool thing about vintage is...it's old...and as we all know new trends are typically a refashioned version of old trends. Even cooler, vintage is usually VERY affordable...and a lot of the stuff out there has barely been worn. I have zero problem purchasing a dress for $15.00, getting it professionally laundered for $7.00...pairing it with some modern accessories and looking totally different from the other 100 women out there wearing J Crew.
I actually just recently found a super chic fully sequenced black mini cocktail swing dress on e bay for $20.00. Had it altered for $4.50. ( it was a bit loose on the bust) and now I have something that looks like I bought it from Saks at 10 times the cost....(I'll post pics soon, once I pull myself together to put it on and take a half way normal photo)
So if you're into looking "different" and are into a good bargain, I strongly suggest going to a local yard sale, scour e bay, or even visit fashionphile.com If you're wanting the crem de le crem of refashioned goodies. FYI: Fahionphile is THEE place for Luxury pre-owned item (guarenteed authentic) they carry everything: Christan Louboutin, Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Chanel, Prada, Marc Jacobs....you name it.
Here are a few finds from my favorite E-bay boutique: California Vintage Connect: Seller Pamrh. Enjoy!





No comments:
Post a Comment